Estimation of land potential available for agriculture using remote sensing
Estimateland potential avilable for agriculture
Project idea in couple of sentences:
The project aims to create a model using Ghana as our area of interest for land cover, to map out inhabited land and reserves to determine the resulting land reserves.
We will then use remote sensing and GIS technique to estimate and categorize the potential areas for agriculture and potentially replicate the model on Cameroon.
The story behind the project: why are you specifically interested by this issue?
Available datasets to be used:
- Temperature: landsat data from Earth Engine
- Rainfall: CHIRPS data from Earth Engine
- Geology: shapefile from Ghana geological survey
- LULC: MODIS land cover data from Earth Engine
- Soil type: shapefile from Ghana geological survey
- AHP would be used to rank the factors of the map based on their influence on agriculture
- Weighted overlay analysis would be used to form the final agricultural land potential